The Activism Guide | With Co-Founder of CODEPINK Medea Benjamin
In this educational video Medea Benjamin, the co-founder of CODEPINK, author and activist, talks about activism in the anti-war movement – its history, possible action & tactics that could be employed today and her vision for the future.
To view our past videos with Medea Benjamin on topics such as the military industrial complex, click here.
VIDEO: The Activism Guide | With Co-Founder of CODEPINK Medea Benjamin
Donate today to support independent & non-profit media!
Click here or on the picture below:
ABOUT MEDEA BENJAMIN
Medea Benjamin is the co-founder of the women-led peace group CODEPINK and the co-founder of the human rights group Global Exchange. She has been an advocate for social justice for more than 40 years. Described as “one of America’s most committed — and most effective — fighters for human rights” by New York Newsday, and “one of the high profile leaders of the peace movement” by the Los Angeles Times, she was one of 1,000 exemplary women from 140 countries nominated to receive the Nobel Peace Prize on behalf of the millions of women who do the essential work of peace worldwide. She is the author of nine books, including Drone Warfare: Killing by Remote Control and Kingdom of the Unjust: Behind the U.S.-Saudi Connection, and her articles appear regularly in outlets such as The Huffington Post, CommonDreams, Alternet, The Other Words, and TeleSUR.
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, green jobs and other life-affirming programs.
Citation – YouTube & Facebook Video „The Activism Guide | With Co-Founder of Code Pink Medea Benjamin”:
- www.youtube.com (29.11.2011) – „Vietnam War protest in Washington” , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv7Gk-Pg7Rw – Source: iconic
- www.youtube.com (01.03.2017) – „Baltimore: ‚This is what poverty in the US looks like‘ – BBC News” , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qytbhMlXltI – Source/Author: BBC News
- www.youtube.com (26.12.2011) – „Fault Lines – Robot wars”, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyJoJUs14bc – Source/Author: Al Jazeera English
- www.youtube.com (07.07.2016) – „Jeremy Corbyn – Stop the War Speech – 15 February 2003″, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16BtpSCufU0 – Source/Author: Official Jeremy Corbyn Channel
- www.youtube.com (14.04.2017) – „US says ‚mother of all bombs‘ hits ISIL in Afghanistan” , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrDVsuarINo – Author: Al Jazeera English
- www.youtube.com (10.09.2017) – „KenFM am Set: Rede von Ken Jebsen bei „Stopp Ramstein 2017″” , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyATHM31Jto – Author: KenFM
- Image Credit: www.divestfromwarmachine.org (2017)
- www.youtube.com (24.05.2013) – „Medea Benjamin v. President Obama: CodePink Founder Disrupts Speech, Criticizing Drone, Gitmo Policy” , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FaIMropdOM – Author/Source: Democracy Now!
www.youtube.com (16.11.2017) – „Yemen: Millions of children and families are on the brink of starvation | UNICEF” , https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=bA5QICGG61g – Author/Source: UNICEF
www.youtube.com (01.10.2016) – „Pakistani sues CIA over drone strikes”, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqfUTe1eVOI – Source/Author: Al Jazeera English