In this exclusive interview with Yanis Varoufakis, founder of the Democracy in Europe Movement 2025 and former finance minister of Greece, we talk about the economic policies of the Trump administration and what effects they will have in the United States and abroad. In addition we discuss BREXIT and the solutions that could be pursued for the benefit of the British and European people. Lastly Yanis Varoufakis also examines pressing issues that confront the European Union today – the political situation in Germany and the socio-economic state of countries such as Greece and Spain.
To view our video playlist with Yanis Varoufakis & DiEM25, click here.
VIDEO: Trumponomics, BREXIT, German Politics & the State of the EU
Donate today to support independent & non-profit media!Click here or on the picture below:
ABOUT YANIS VAROUFAKIS & DiEM25Yanis Varoufakis is a professor of Economic Theory at the University of Athens, former finance minister of Greece and founder of the Democracy in Europe Movement 2025 (DiEM25). Varoufakis is also the author of several books on the European debt crisis, the financial imbalance in the world and game theory. DiEM25 is a pan-European, cross-border movement of democrats that is focused on addressing the economic and social problems faced by Europe today. It provides an alternative to austerity policies that it argues are dividing the continent and fueling the rise of “international nationalists“.
Featured Image Citation:
Citation-List of YouTube & Facebook Video: „Trumponomics, BREXIT, German Politics & the State of the EU | With Yanis Varoufakis“
- www.euronews.com (22.09.2017) – „How the far-right Alternative for Deutschland became Germany’s third-biggest party“ – https://www.euronews.com/2017/09/22/the-afd-the-rise-to-power-of-germany-s-far-right – Author: Euronews
- www.ec.europa.eu (December 2017) – „Unemployment statistics“ – https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Unemployment_statistics – Author: eurostat
- www.dw.com (29.01.2018 ) – „One in 10 German workers earn below minimum wage“ – https://www.dw.com/en/one-in-10-german-workers-earn-below-minimum-wage/a-42356571 – Author: Ben Knight – Source: Deutsche Welle
- www.whitehouse.gov (12.02.2018) – „Remarks by President Trump in Meeting with State and Local Officials on Infrastructure Initiative“– Source: White House
- www.flickr.com (29.09.2017) – „Theresa May, Prime Minister, United Kingdom” – https://www.flickr.com/photos/eu2017ee/36679183844 – Photo: Arno Mikkor (EU2017EE)
- commons.wikimedia.org (06.03.2013) – „File:Euronotruf-112-Martin-Schulz.jpg” , https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Euronotruf-112-Martin-Schulz.jpg – Author: EuropeDirect – Source: Own work
- www.theguardian.com (07.12.2017) – „Martin Schulz wants ‘United States of Europe’ within eight years” – https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/07/martin-schulz-united-states-of-europe-germany-sdp – Author: Philip Oltermann – Source: The Guardian
- commons.wikimedia.org (01.10.2017) – „File:Cargas-Sardenya-Diputacio-Ramon-Llull EDIIMA20171001 0193 19.jpg” – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cargas-Sardenya-Diputacio-Ramon-Llull_EDIIMA20171001_0193_19.jpg – Photo: Robert Bonet – Source: eldiario.es – FOTOS: Cargas policiales para impedir que se vote en el referéndum del 1-O
- www.reuters.com (11.01.2018) – „Greeks to strike over right-to-strike bill” – https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eurozone-greece-strike/greeks-to-strike-over-right-to-strike-bill-idUSKBN1F01LQ – Author: Lefteris Papadimas – Source: Reuters