Edward Snowden on Donald Trump, Obama’s Presidency, Activism & Liberty & his life in Exile
In this interview with NSA-whistleblower, activist and human rights advocate, Edward Snowden, we talk to him about the role of politicians and whether he thinks that Donald Trump will misuse the power of the surveillance state. In addition, we talk to Snowden about his usual day day in Russia.
- With Donald Trump in Power is absolute tyranny inevitable given the power of the surveillance state today?
- What is the role of the individual in curbing power? Does she or he have the instruments to change the course for the better?
- Is there a difference between morality and legality? Is there a precedence where breaking the law is the only resort?
- What is the meaning of liberty today and how does it effect our daily lives?
- Which laws have been recently passed to expand the surveillance in Russia, China, UK, Germany and the United States?
- How does Snowden’s normal day in exile look like and why did he choose to stay in Russia?
All of this and more is addressed in the video below:
Interview with Edward Snowden – PART II
For Part I of the interview, click here:To view the full event, click here.
VIDEO: acTVism Munich Crowdfunding!
Click here or on the picture below to access our Crowdfunding Platform!
Edward Snowden is a former intelligence officer who served the CIA, NSA, and DIA for nearly a decade as a subject matter expert on technology and cybersecurity. In 2013, he revealed that the NSA was seizing the private records of billions of individuals who had not been suspected of any wrongdoing, resulting in the most significant reforms to US surveillance policy since 1978. He has received awards for courage, integrity, and public service, and was named the top global thinker of 2013 by Foreign Policy magazine. Today, he works on methods of enforcing human rights through the application and development of new technologies. He joined the board of Freedom of the Press Foundation in February 2014.