Debtors‘ Prison, John Maynard Keynes & the Double Standards of the EU | With Yanis Varoufakis
In this video founder of the Democracy in Europe Movement 2025 and former finance minister of Greece, Yanis Varoufakis, talks about the concept of „Debtors‘ Prison“ and the economic ideas of John Maynard Keynes. In addition Varoufakis surfaces the double standards of the European Union regarding the enforcement of economic rules amongst different member states.
To view our video playlist with Yanis Varoufakis & DiEM25, click here.
VIDEO: Debtors’ Prison, John Maynard Keynes & the Double Standards of the EU
Donate today to support independent & non-profit media!
Click here or on the picture below:
ABOUT YANIS VAROUFAKIS & DiEM25
Yanis Varoufakis is a professor of Economic Theory at the University of Athens, former finance minister of Greece and founder of the Democracy in Europe Movement 2025 (DiEM25). Varoufakis is also the author of several books on the European debt crisis, the financial imbalance in the world and game theory.
DiEM25 is a pan-European, cross-border movement of democrats that is focused on addressing the economic and social problems faced by Europe today. It provides an alternative to austerity policies that it argues are dividing the continent and fueling the rise of “international nationalists“.
Citation-List of YouTube & Facebook Video: „Yanis Varoufakis – Debtors‘ Prison, John Maynard Keynes & the Double Standards of the EU“
- commons.wikimedia.org (21.02.2017) – „File:Whitecross Debtors Prison 1813 – 1870.jpg” – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Whitecross_Debtors_Prison_1813_-_1870.jpg // Author: Spudgun67
- commons.wikimedia.org (02.02.2016) – „File:Courtyard of the prison grounds.jpeg” – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Courtyard_of_the_prison_grounds.jpeg // Author: Continentaleurope
- commons.wikimedia.org (November 2003) – „File:Nuernberg-maennereisen-v-nw.jpg” – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nuernberg-maennereisen-v-nw.jpg // Author: Keichwa
- commons.wikimedia.org (8 March 1946) – „File:WhiteandKeynes.jpg” – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WhiteandKeynes.jpg // Author & Source: International Monetary Fund
- www.census.gov (02.06.2017) – “U.S. Trade in Goods and Services – Balance of Payments (BOP) Basis” – https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/statistics/historical/gands.pdf // Author: The U.S. Census Bureau
Image Credit https://skepticism.org/timeline/june-history/6508-birth-economist-john-maynard-keynes.html // Source: www.thefamouspeople.com
- youtube.com (11.05.17) – „Steuerschätzung: Pressekonferenz von Wolfgang Schäuble am 11.05.17″ – www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG3dxMoccK8 // Autor: phoenix
- www.thelocal.de (12.07.2017) – “Germany made more than €1 billion from helping out Greece: report” – https://www.thelocal.de/20170712/germany-made-more-than-1-billion-from-helping-out-greece-report // Author: The Local
- ec.europa.eu (Date not stated on Webpage) – “Excessive imbalance procedure” – https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro/economic-and-fiscal-policy-coordination/eu-economic-governance-monitoring-prevention-correction/macroeconomic-imbalance-procedure/excessive-imbalance-procedure_en // Author: European Commission
- ec.europa.eu (Date not stated on Webpage) – “Scoreboard” – https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro/economic-and-fiscal-policy-coordination/eu-economic-governance-monitoring-prevention-correction/macroeconomic-imbalance-procedure/scoreboard_en // Author: European Commission
- ec.europa.eu (22.2.2017 ) – “Country Report Germany 2017 Including an In-Depth Review on the prevention and correction of macroeconomic imbalances” – https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/2017-european-semester-country-report-germany-en.pdf // Author: European Commission