The Medical Industrial Complex & Technology | With Richard D. Wolff
In this educational video we talk to the founder of Democracy at Work and Professor of Economics Emeritus (University of Massachusetts), Richard D. Wolff, about the healthcare system of the United States and what possible durable economic solutions could be pursued. Furthermore we also talk about the general perspective of the left regarding unemployment due to technological change and why this perspective requires reevaluation
To view our entire video playlist with Richard D. Wolff, click here.
VIDEO: The Medical Industrial Complex & Technology
Donate today to support independent & non-profit media!
Click here or on the picture below:
ABOUT RICHARD WOLFF
Richard D. Wolff is Professor of Economics Emeritus, University of Massachusetts, Amherst. He is currently a Visiting Professor in the Graduate Program in International Affairs of the New School University in New York. Wolff has also taught economics at Yale University, City University of New York, and the University of Paris I (Sorbonne).
He is a co-founder and contributor of Democracy at Work, a non-profit organization that promotes democratic workplaces as a key part of a transition to a better economic system. Wolff has published many books and articles, both scholarly and popular. Most recently, in 2012, he published the books Democracy at Work: A Cure for Capitalism (Haymarket Books) and Contending Economic Theories: Neoclassical, Keynesian, and Marxian, with Stephen Resnick (Cambridge, MA, and London: MIT University Press). The New York Times Magazine has named him “America’s most prominent Marxist economist.
Citation-List of YouTube & Facebook Video: „The Medical Industrial Complex & Technology | With Richard D. Wolff“
- www.oecd-ilibrary.org (10.11.2017) – „Health at a Glance 2017“ – https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/docserver/download/8117301e.pdf?expires=1516988054&id=id&accname=guest&checksum=A2B5CFA74F0F698DE8CFECD455690EA1 – Author: OECD
- data.oecd.org (2017) – „Infant mortality rates“ – https://data.oecd.org/healthstat/infant-mortality-rates.htm –Author: OECD
- www.axios.com (24.05.2017) – „Profits are booming at health insurance companies“ – https://www.axios.com/profits-are-booming-at-health-insurance-companies-1513302495-18f3710a-c0b4-4ce3-8b7f-894a755e6679.html – Author: Bob Herman – Source: Axios
- www.opensecrets.org (2017) – „Home / Influence & Lobbying / Interest Groups / Health / Summary”– Source: Opensecrets.org
- youtube.com (06.05.2014) – „Welcome to Mission Critical Operations” –www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym03tJHzkrM&t=129s // Author: National Consortium for Mission Critical Operations
- www.youtube.com (19.09.2017) – „Marine pollution, 1st theme of the 2017 #OurOcean conference” , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dron6aW4UKk // Autor: European Commission