Yanis Varoufakis on the Universal Dividend & Basic Income
In this video founder of the Democracy in Europe Movement 2025 and former finance minister of Greece Yanis Varoufakis talks about about the Universal Dividend, it’s differences with the Basic Income, how it will be financed and whether it will burden the working class. In addition Varoufakis discusses the role of technology and how & why we need to socialize corporations.
VIDEO: Yanis Varoufakis on the Universal Dividend & Basic Income
To view our video playlist with Yanis Varoufakis & DiEM25, click here.
Donate today to support independent & non-profit media!
Click here or on the picture below:
ABOUT YANIS VAROUFAKIS & DiEM25
Yanis Varoufakis is a professor of Economic Theory at the University of Athens, former finance minister of Greece and founder of the Democracy in Europe Movement 2025 (DiEM25). Varoufakis is also the author of several books on the European debt crisis, the financial imbalance in the world and game theory.
DiEM25 is a pan-European, cross-border movement of democrats that is focused on addressing the economic and social problems faced by Europe today. It provides an alternative to austerity policies that it argues are dividing the continent and fueling the rise of “international nationalists“.
Source of Image:
- Featured Image: www.DiEM25.org
Citations – YouTube & Facebook Video „Yanis Varoufakis on the Universal Dividend & Basic Income”:
- youtube.com (06.05.2014) – „Welcome to Mission Critical Operations” –www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym03tJHzkrM&t=129s // Author: National Consortium for Mission Critical Operations
- youtube.com (25.10.2016) – „Uber’s Self-Driving Truck Makes Its First Delivery | WIRED” – www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIlCR4eG8_o // Author: WIRED
- www.aau.edu (19.09.2017) – “University Research Made Your Smartphone Smart” – www.aau.edu/university-research-made-your-smartphone-smart // Author: Association of American Universities
- https://news.nationalgeographic.com (21.04.2017) – “Thank NASA for Baby Formula—And 6 More Government-Funded Inventions” – https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/04/science-march-funding-technology-genius/