(Aufgrund limitierter finanzieller Mittel stehen manche Videos ggf. derzeit nur auf Englisch zur Verfügung. Spenden Sie auf unser Crowdfunding-Projekt, um uns mit der Übersetzung zu unterstützen.)
In this educational video Medea Benjamin, the co-founder of CODEPINK, author and activist, sheds light on the victims of U.S. foreign policy and how her organization assists them.
To view part part 1 of this video series with Medea Benjamin, click here.
VIDEO: Victims of U.S. Foreign Policy & Activism
To view our past videos on the military industrial complex, click here.
Donate today to support independent & non-profit media!Click here or on the picture below:
ABOUT MEDEA BENJAMINMedea Benjamin is the co-founder of the women-led peace group CODEPINK and the co-founder of the human rights group Global Exchange. She has been an advocate for social justice for more than 40 years. Described as „one of America’s most committed — and most effective — fighters for human rights“ by New York Newsday, and „one of the high profile leaders of the peace movement“ by the Los Angeles Times, she was one of 1,000 exemplary women from 140 countries nominated to receive the Nobel Peace Prize on behalf of the millions of women who do the essential work of peace worldwide. She is the author of nine books, including Drone Warfare: Killing by Remote Control and Kingdom of the Unjust: Behind the U.S.-Saudi Connection, and her articles appear regularly in outlets such as The Huffington Post, CommonDreams, Alternet, The Other Words, and TeleSUR.
ABOUT CODEPINKCODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, green jobs and other life-affirming programs.
Citation – YouTube & Facebook Video „Victims of U.S. Foreign Policy & Activism | With Medea Benjamin – PART 2“:
- www.youtube.com (06.10.2016) – „Operation Enduring Freedom Begins – 2001 | Today in History | 7 Oct 16”, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzjpl_nS-8Q, Author: AP Archive
- www.youtube.com (26.12.2011) – „Fault Lines – Robot wars”, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyJoJUs14bc, Author: Al Jazeera English
- www.youtube.com (21.10.2013) – „Drone Strike in Yemen: The Day I Lost My Brother”, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Y21FW0Mpo, Author: CODE PINK
- www.thebureauinvestigates.com (2017) – „Drone Warfare” , https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/projects/drone-war, Author: The Bureau of Investigative Journalism
- www.nytimes.com (22.11.2013) – “Questions on Drone Strike Find Only Silence” , https://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/23/world/middleeast/a-yemenis-long-trip-to-seek-answers-about-a-drone-strike.html, Author: ROBERT F. WORTH and SCOTT SHANE (The New York Times)
- www.dcmediagroup.us (20.11.2013) – „Yemeni Witnesses to Members of Congress: Drones Strikes Create More Terrorists” , https://www.dcmediagroup.us/2013/11/20/yemeni-civil-engineer-testifies-relatives-deaths-u-s-drone-strikes-congressional-briefing/, Author:
- Picture: https://www.dostpakistan.pk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/CodePink-protesting-against-drone-attacks.jpg