acTVism Munich Change of Program
Due to our event announcement scheduled for tomorrow, we will delay the release of our video nterview with Ernst Wolff. The video will be released on the 20th of October instead of the 18th of October.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Wolff is the author of “Pillaging the World. The History and Politics of the IMF” and will address the following questions:
- Did the IMF break from its traditional policies, given that it did not endorse the Troika’s policies in Greece and even advocated “debt-relief”?
- Is there any precedence in history where grassroots movements were able to reverse the policies of the IMF?
- What role does the media play in analysing and evaluating the policies of the IMF?
Note to the Event:
At the end of the Second World War a new era of began with globalization of capital and production that continues on today and is enforced through manifold free trade agreements. Another turning point was 9/11. Since then, an increased military presence and an expanding security apparatus is leading to more surveillance and violence in the name of national security.
In addition, the disparity between rich and poor is growing ever larger and global society is experiencing the increasing regression of stability and civil rights. The current wars in the Middle East, the possible ignition of a new Cold War, terrorism and surveillance, financial crises, poverty as well as the flight of refugees or environmental catastrophe are all unfortunate and disastrous signs of our time.
Are these events interconnected? Can we see a pattern? Are they taken out of context or completely ignored? We will speak with international experts about supposed structures and connections to find out if and how we can make changes to the betterment of all. LIVE IN MUNICH. On the 15th of JANUARY, 2017.
- Privacy, civil rights and mass surveillance
- Western foreign policy and Germany’s role
- US foreign policy and the military industrial complex
- Freedom and democracy in the current economic system
- Function and role of independent and mainstream media
- Development, possibilities and urgency of political activism and grassroots movements
- Edward Snowden
- Jürgen Todehöfer
- Jeremy Scahill
- Richard D. Wolff
- Paul Jay
- Srecko Horvat
Donate today to support independent, non-profit and investigative journalism!
Click here or on the picture below: